Save Vietnam’s Wildlife is a non-profit organization that was founded on the critical need for more effective solutions to secure a future for Vietnam’s wildlife. Part of our work is finding ways to mitigate Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) in Vietnam by reducing demand for wildlife, identifying alternative livelihoods and income streams for local people who are prone to committing poaching acts, and improving local law enforcement by providing rangers and protected area managers the tools and training they need to monitor, evaluate, and mitigate poaching activities, and to connect them with other non-forestry law enforcement agencies at the local, provincial, and national level to dismantle IWT networks.
Our current project – “Dismantling Illegal Pangolin Trade in Vietnam” focuses on three key sites in southern Vietnam: Cat Tien National Park, U Minh Thuong National Park, and U Minh Ha National Park to accomplish the activities mentioned previously, with several teams from SVW taking action. The role of the project coordinator in this context is to connect each of the teams with their primary stakeholders, when necessary, assist in the facilitation of project meetings, and to oversee the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of project deliverables to ensure they are successfully carried out in a timely and professional manner.
WORKING PLACE: Cat Tien National Park (travel for work may be necessary)
PROJECT DURATION: 03 Years
• Monitor and evaluate project deliverables, timelines, and deadlines to each project team; send teams reminders on deliverable starting dates, set milestones, and follow ups; Participating in field visits to monitor and evaluate the progress of project activities when necessary.
• Organizing monthly team meetings to review and plan project activities Support development and timely submission of work plans and budgets from implementing teams
• Support project budget/accounts monitoring and use of funds for project deliverables; ensuring funds are used for the appropriate project components.
• Assist in the development of TORs to recruit consultants and project partners when necessary
• Planning and facilitation of meetings, workshops, and seminars; engage and invite stakeholders to attend in a polite and professional manner
• Connect project officers with primary stakeholders (government officials, commune leaders, law enforcement managers) when necessary
• Organize and keep track of written project results, outputs, and reports from implementing teams
• Compiling and maintaining project reports and minutes of meetings
• Review all deliverables and reports of contracted consultants/partners before they are submitted to the donor to ensure the quality of these follow the relevant project guidelines and expectations of professionalism.
• Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual activity progress and financial reports (in English and Vietnamese) and ensuring the accuracy and timely submission of these reports to the donor and managing agencies.
• Have a Bachelor ‘s degree or higher in business or management
• Have experience managing large projects
• Ability to read and write efficiently in both Vietnamese and English
• Strong capability and organizational skills with physical and digital documents
• Experience planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, or seminars is a benefit
• Not shy, and has the ability and willingness to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• Passion for conservation of wildlife and nature in Vietnam
OPPORTUNITIES & BENEFIT
• Working 5 days/week, off work Saturday and Sungday, National Holidays
• Travel for work and food in the field will be paid
• Health insurance benefits
• Experience with coordinating a large project
• Contributing to protect and conserve wildlife in Vietnam
Candidates should send their recent CV and a cover letter in an email with title “Apply for Project Coordinator” to email: [email protected].
Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed applicants only.
Phone contact: (+84) 02293848053
Application Deadline: 01/9/2022