SVW is finding a field researcher to assist in collecting data and conducting fieldwork related to the study wildlife in Cat Tien NP, Pu Mat NP, U Minh Thuong NP, U Minh Ha NP, Thanh Hoa Province and some other sites.
Working location: Hanoi or Cuc Phuong National Park or Cat Tien NP
Application deadline: 20/04/2023
• Candidate require to travel to multiple project sites
• Conduct radio tracking post release animal by handheld or drone
• Conduct survey by thermal drone
• Setting up camera traps, retrieval camera traps at project sites
• Conduct interview surveys and field transect surveys at sites
• Assist in writing publications, social media posts, technical reports
• Data entry from camera traps, radio tracking, interview survey, field survey
• Assist in data analysis of camera trapping and radio tracking results
• Conduct other field work as needed
• Respond for making budget, plan, permission, submit receipt for the project’s activities when necessary
• Have a Bachelor ‘s degree on Forestry, Biology, or any related field
• Having skills and experience in camera trapping and radio tracking is an advantage Physically capable to work in forests in long periods of time. Having previous field experience in forests is an advantage
• Ethnic minorities are prioritized
• Knowledge in native species identification and conservation theory
• Basic English communication is an advantage
• Skills in software such as SPSS, R, QGIS, ArcGIS are an advantage
• Enthusiasm on field work, active on communication is required
• Trained through practical experience to improve capacity, in activities such as camera trap surveys, post-release animal monitoring, conservation status assessments, and other interesting projects by SVW.
• Trained in R software for data analytics, Timelapse software for camera trap analysis; trained in writing technical reports, scientific articles, etc.
• Opportunities to be first author and co-author for international scientific articles.
• Competitive salary
• Covered by medical and accident insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send their recent CV and a cover letter in an email with title “Apply for Field Researcher” to email: [email protected].
Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed applicants only.
Phone contact: (+84) 02293848053