SVW highly appreciates and acknowledges our generous donors, partners, advisors and everyone who has been helping us achieve our mission since 2014. Our work would not be possible without your help!
OUR DONORS & SUPPORTERS
Updates of supporting to establish Vietnam Wildlife Rescue Association
Althought the border between countries have been closed due to COVID-19 pandemic, the number of small cases with many wildlife species still happened more frequently than before. Many government rescue centres have been facing with problem of capacities including veterinary, appropriated facilities, food to take care of rescued animals. Many animals get big problem with welfare, when they were not transferred to right rescue centres soon or even many of them were released into the wild directly which can lead to issue of heath and disease transferring, and contaminate the pure genetic to wild populations. And in many case, due to lack of information, capacity, many endangered wildlife have to be travelling too far away. And thanks to the WTG’s generous support to advance our work of establishing Vietnam Wildlife Rescue Association to tackling those problems. The project has just started in last Nov and wish the project every success in 2022
- Rescuing wildlife from illegal trade
- School wildlife education program
Conservation breeding of Owston’s civet
Wildlife conservation programs
- Law enforcement in Cat Tien, U Minh Thuong, and U Minh Ha National Parks
- Alternative livelihood development
- Demand reduction for IWT products
Establishing a recovery site of Pu Mat National Park for:
+ Owston’s Civet
+ Sunda Pangolin
- Pangolin rescue and rehabilitation
- Monitoring released pangolins
- National pangolin conservation action plan
- Field and community research
Raising awareness activities
Education Centre in Cuc Phuong National Park
Training for government authorities in key hotspots.
Co-Sponsor for a vehicle for rescue
Support for Pangolin conservation
Creating an effective board
Maintaining effective communications in SVW
- Support for animal enclosures
MSIG staff volunteer activity about the rescue and rehabilitation of confiscated carnivores and pangolins from the illegal hunting and wildlife trade.
- SVW’s wildlife conservation programme concentrating in Pu Mat National Park;
- Effectiveness of Environmental Policies in Addressing Wildlife Trade
- In search of the Critically Endangered Chinese pangolin (Manis pentadactyla) in Northern Vietnam
- Financial support for otters rescueing, rehabilitating and releasing from illegal pet trades.
- Food for pangolins
- Fundraising initiatives to assist in connecting potential donations in the WSO network