Save Vietnam Wildlife (SVW) is seeking a dedicated and skilled SMART Data Analyst to support our conservation efforts in combating poaching and protecting endangered wildlife. As the SMART Data Analyst, you will play a crucial role in managing and analyzing data collected through the Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool (SMART) and Poachercam database by Anti-poaching team and rangers of Pu Mat NP, Cat Tien NP, U Minh Thuong NP, U Minh Ha NP and Van Hoa Dong Nai NR.
Working location: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife’s Office (Candidate can select to work in: Hanoi, Cuc Phuong National Park, Pu Mat National Park or Cat Tien National Park)
– Update the database weekly/monthly with input from the anti-poaching team’s SMART data.
– Provide weekly/monthly updates to the Poachercam database from the dashboard.
– Perform statistical analysis on data collected through the SMART database by SVW.
– Export/send SMART data when require
– Create maps and other materials for the report and presentations, showcasing project results.
– Assist in writing publications, media posts, proposals, technical reports, and monthly reports as required.
– Conduct fieldwork when necessary, although this is a rare occurrence.
– Coordinate data management for the Anti-poaching team.
– Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Biology, Environmental Science, or any equivalent field with a strong background in statistics.
– Proficiency in using statistical analysis tools such as R, Python, or similar software. Ability to modify or troubleshoot provided code from supervisors.
– Proficiency in using ArcGIS and familiarity with SMART software.
– Basic understanding of statistical analysis concepts and principles (e.g., ANOVA, t-test, Pearson correlation, etc.).
– Passion for numbers and a strong interest in statistical analysis.
– Excellent communication skills in both English and Vietnamese, both spoken and written.
– Previous experience working in wildlife studies, ecology, biology, or environmental research is an advantage.
– Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge.
– Demonstrated commitment to contributing long-term to the mission of SVW.
– Gain practical experience and enhance capacity through involvement in various activities, including patrolling, camera trap surveys, post-release animal monitoring, and engaging in other exciting projects undertaken by SVW.
– Receive training in data analytics in using R and other technical software
– Opportunity to be the first author or co-author for international scientific articles, contributing to the dissemination of research findings to a global audience.
– Possibility of pursuing further studies abroad, expanding knowledge and expertise in the field of wildlife conservation.
– Receive a competitive salary package, recognizing your contributions and dedication to SVW’s mission.
– Having medical and accident insurance coverage, ensuring your well-being and safety while working with SVW.
– Work in a friendly and enjoyable environment, fostering a positive and supportive team atmosphere.
– Contribute to wildlife conservation efforts that have a direct and lasting impact on the long-term survival of not only wildlife but also humanity as a whole.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send their recent CV and a cover letter in an email with title “Apply for SMART Data Analyst” to email: [email protected].
Phone contact: (+84) 02293848053