Duration: Full-time, 01 year
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Work place: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife, Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh Province, Vietnam.
Hours of work: 8 hours each day and 5 days/week. However, as the animals within the center are nocturnal it is expected that the employee would sometimes work during the evenings. Any overtime will be accrued and time given off in lieu.
Responsibilities of VET Professional Volunteer
- Provide daily medical care for animal in the rescue center;
- Participate in Rapid Response Team by preparing medical supplies at the time of the call to rescue. Provide medical care on site as needed to confiscated animals;
- Instruct/Enforce use of ZIMS by vets and keepers; promote record keeping skills overall in the center;
- Monitor and support improved welfare for animals;
- Discussion/communications between vet and keeper team for animal health and welfare;
- Give the procedure and solutions to manage the risk for disease transmission;
- Manage the VET Clinic (Maintain high quality laboratory, manage the equipment and inventory);
- Plan and facilitate veterinary procedural improvements;
- Manage VET volunteers (VET Professional volunteers and paying volunteers);
- Plan and give check list for works monthly/weekly/daily for team and each staff; Supervise, remind the staff’s work performance and evaluate the VET staff;
- Prepare the yearly/monthly budget for VET team to submit to Director;
- Manage the budget for VET team (collect invoices, receipts to pay with finance manager, payment in advance…);
- Provide technical and skills support to SVW veterinarians;
- Provide/support training courses, conferences, workshop to improve staff capacity;
- Prepare the reports on VET team to Director;
- Develop relationship with partner/other conservation network;
- Write/Support for other team to write proposal to fund for VET team;Find the donors/donation resources to fund for VET team;
- Graduation from a veterinary program;
- Licensed to practice;
- Experience in a zoo or wildlife rehabilitation facility;
- Excellent administration and organisation skills;
- Highly motivated, good humoured and positive personality;
- Creative, adaptable and resourceful to meet the demands of a challenging environment;
- Dynamic, effective team leadership skills with ability to work under own initiative;
- Experience of living and working in a tropical country;
- Up to date rabies and tetanus vaccines;
- TB test within the last year.
- 12 working days annual holiday following Vietnamese Labor law, plus 10 national holiday days;
- Be covered the visa fee;
- Be covered the return flight and visas Travel insurance;
- Be covered the food fee;
- Be provided the accommodation with basic equipment.
How to apply
Candidates should send their recent CV and a cover letter in an email with title “Apply for VET professional volunteer” to email: [email protected].
Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed applicants only.
Phone contact: 02293848053
Application Deadline: 20 May 2022