LAW ENFORCEMENT MANAGER (DEADLINE: 15/09/2020)
Position needed: Law Enforcement Manager
Introduction: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife is a national not-for-profit dedicated to preventing the extinction and championing the recovery of Vietnam’s threatened wildlife. Our conservation activities focus on conserving wild populations of globally threatened pangolins and small carnivores. Our principle site is Pu Mat National Park, where we are working with the government authorities to secure the recovery of the site’s wildlife, particularly its populations of Sunda Pangolin.
SVW is seeking an enthusiastic mid-career conservation professional to join our team in Pu Mat National Park.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in conservation in Vietnam. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of SVW’s efforts to secure Pu Mat National Park and its globally important biodiversity and will take a leading role in our enforcement efforts in the park. They will have an important role in working with the park’s management, as well as the provincial government authorities, in supporting government efforts to secure this site, and to reduce the main threats to its wildlife.
Duration: full-time employment, 3-years contract with the possibility of extension, 3-month probation period.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Salary: Based on the experience, max 25 million VND /month net pay with free accommodation in Pu Mat national park (SVW will cover 100% of all types of insurance, Tet bonus and other benefit following by Vietnam’s labour law and SVW policy)
Place of work: This position requites to spend 2/3 of his/her time in Pu Mat national park working with the team there, 25% of working time can be at home (if needed).
- Ensure effective communication between Pu Mat National Park, SVW and other NGO partners
- Ensure effective synergies between SVW’s community outreach and enforcement programmes in Pu Mat National Park
- Coordinate and support the application of national legislation on wildlife crime, other environmental illegal activities, and all of the associated penalties for offenders
- Represent SVW in relevant meetings, workshops, and forums, including with other NGO partners
- Help coordinate patrol efforts between government FPD rangers and SVW’s ranger units in Pu Mat National Park
- Oversee and support the application of SVW internal policies on Human Resources with SVW staff in Pu Mat National Park
- Ensure personal, operational and data security protocols are followed by SVW’s ranger units
- Ensure SVW’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Code of Conduct and Ethics, for its ranger units are understood, applied, and, when necessary, adapted
- Ensure that SVW’s ranger units are competent, well-organised, well-equipped and motivated
- Work with SVW’s technical adviser and board of directors to identify any training needs / capacity gaps within SVW’s ranger units
- Coordinate/provide relevant skills/training for other protective sites.
- Produce quarterly reports, plans and updates to donors on SVW site activities in PMNP, using field data collected through SMART, to support results/impact and decision making
- Prepare and adopt management strategies and operational plans for SVW’s enforcement activities
- Assist with donor reports, donor site visits or writing proposals
- Vietnamese national
- Proven leadership / management skills and abilities
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in wildlife conservation, natural resource management or a related field
- Working proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Proven ability to live and work in isolated and challenging conditions
- Working knowledge of Vietnam’s species protection and protected area laws.
- Motivated, patient and positive attitude
- Ability to work with people from a variety of professional and cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to learn
- Good organizational and reporting skills
- Basic data management skills, including systems for securely managing enforcement data
- Experience in writing reports and proposals in English and Vietnamese
- Use of SMART for enforcement and protected area management
- Background in enforcement in protected areas/or combating illegal wildlife trade
- Knowledge of outreach and stakeholder engagement practices with local communities
- Knowledge of the conservation issues and threats affecting Vietnam’s protected area network
- Existing relationships with Vietnamese government authorities (either at provincial / national level)
- Previous experience engaging in conservation activities in a protected area in Vietnam
- Experience designing or providing input to protected area management plans
- Candidates please send your application including Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in an email with title “Law Enforcement Manager” to address: [email protected] before 17:00 of 15 September 2020.
Deadline: 17h, 15/09/2020Phone number for contact: +84 (0) 2293 848 053