As the role of a Fundraising Manager, this important position will take main responsibility in seeking donations and developing fundraising strategy for the Organization. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the frontline of conservation for a motivated person who is excited by the idea of spreading the world about Vietnamese conservation.
Position title: Fundraising Manager
Working place: SVW’s Office, Hanoi and monthly travel to SVW offices in Cuc Phuong national park or Pu Mat national park
Reporting to: Executive Director
Introduction to the recruitment job: As the role of a Fundraising Manager, this important position will take main responsibility in seeking donations and developing fundraising strategy for the Organization. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the frontline of conservation for a motivated person who is excited by the idea of spreading the world about Vietnamese conservation.
Duration: Permanent position, minimum commitment: two years.
Expected starting date: Immediately.
Salary: To be discussed based on experience
Responsibilities of Fundraising Manager:
- Recruit, organize and inspire donors
- Research fundraising opportunities and write grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies
- Build relationships with major donors or companies (more focusing in Vietnam) and make presentations
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Devise and organize fundraising campaigns, events and door to door collections
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
- Attending key fundraising events, grants, and funder workshops/events in order to meet potential funders, develop relationships;
- Working with Project Managers/Team Leaders, providing regular project reports to funders as required;
- Regularly reporting to the Executive Director;
- Fluency in both English and Vietnamese;
- Holding a Master or Bachelor degree in marketing, communication or related subject;
- Passionate about SVW mission and works;
- Good at researching and devising strategies and opportunistically taking advantage of donation possibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good in managing budgets and hitting fundraising targets
- Ability to cope with pressure/meet deadlines;
- Experience in developing fundraising budgets and plans;
- Good organizing and IT skills to manage donor database.
- Enthusiastic, warm and flexible personality, put organization value higher than personal conflict;
- Have knowledge about wildlife, conservation value or willing to learn about their subjects.
- A minimum 3- year experience working in marketing, communication, fundraising or related subjects
- Working on an NGO and English speaking environment
- Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organization
- Attending events and meeting with people/ organizations
- Meaningful to society – there is no other job like it in the world
How to apply: Applicants should send in their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter (written in English and Vietnamese) to email@example.com Indicate “Fundraising Manager” as the subject of the email.
Application deadline: 25 January 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053