As a Veterinarian, you will take care of all species in the rescue center. You will work with the rare and precious creature, critically endangered animals of Vietnam. Not the vet care itself, you will also join the rescue and release mission. In fact, you see the full story from receiving them until sending them back natural home. Work is challenging, valuable experience, opportunities to learn from experts around the work, attending workshops, working aboard, … you will need to horn your skills as fast as possible to catch up with fast-growing of our organization.
Position needed: Veterinarian
Place of work: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife Pu Mat division, Pù Mát National Park, Nghe An.
Training and occupational help will be needed in Head Quarter at Cuc Phuong national park, Ninh Binh.
Report responsibility: Report to veterinary manager
Introduction of Save Vietnam’s Wildlife:
Save Vietnam’s Wildlife is a national Non-Profit Organisation in Vietnam that was established in 2014.
Mission: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife works to stop the extinction and champion the recovery of threatened species in Vietnam.
- Delivering effective education programs to empower people to take informed action.
- Working with Government to effect positive, long-lasting change for wildlife.
- Rescuing, rehabilitating, and releasing confiscated threatened wildlife in support of wild populations, as well as demonstrating and promoting good animal welfare.
- Increasing understanding of conservation requirements of threatened wildlife through rigorous scientific research.
- Ensuring the wildlife habitats is fully protected and local communities are engaged to protect wildlife.
Working time: Permanent position, minimum commitment: two years.
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: To be discussed
Responsibilities of Veterinarian:
- Providing diagnosis, treatments and intensive care for a wide range of rescued wild animals;
- Providing emergency treatment and follow up for animals;
- Operating and maintenance of diagnosis and testing equipment;
- Operating and maintenance of treatment equipment;
- Performing post-mortem on death animals and possibly pathologic procedures on sample to figure out the causes of death and developing preventive plans for future;
- Performing disease analysis, preventive and management of outbreak of diseases in rescue centers and local areas. Managing zoonosis;
- Be a member of Rapid Response Team with responsibility to provide medical care for animals at rescue site. Responsible of treating, performing emergency and preventive treatment for animals at rescue sites;
- Participating in improvising veterinary protocol and optimizing medical procedures at center;
- Participating in discussion and giving ideas to improve heath care and life quality through oversee husbandry protocol, enclosing conditions and diets;
- Responsible for training and improving awareness of animal keepers as well as others members of organization about animal welfare in order to improve life quality of wild animals in care;
- Responsible for records keeping of clinical cases and information for veterinary research/ study. Performing both manually and by ZIMS (informative record keeping system for wild animals).
- Be Vietnamese ;
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science Degree;
- Love and have passion for animals, responsible and seft-motivated;
- Possessing positive working attitude as well as be a good listener. Leaning between members of the team
- Fluent in oral and written English;
- Having basic knowledge and experiences in administration of medicines and supportive fluid therapy;
- Having basic knowledge and experiences in anaesthesia, wound management and basic surgery;
- Fluent with Office Suit skills;
- Possessing Reporting skills;
- Possessing the ability to work independently and in a group effectively ;
- Be able to withstand intensive working environment with high stress in a long period of time. Possibly emotional depressed. Good physical health and good mental health, having strong will;
- Possessing prior experiences working with animals, especially wild animals is an advantage.
- Contributing to conservation of endangered animals and welfare of animals in Vietnam;
- Opportunity to work with wide range of species;
- Working in an internationally standardized environment with many challenges and opportunities to develop veterinary career;
- Opportunities to receiving many specialized training in wildlife by international experts from renown facilities over the world;
- Opportunities to participate in externship and trainings at renown wildlife facilities over the world ( with conditions)
Candidates please send your application including Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in an email with title “Veterinarian” to address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 of 20th December 2018.
Organization will contact directly the choosen candiates directly after the selection.
Deadline: 20 December 2018
Phone number for contact: 02293 848 053
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Phone contact: 02293 848 053